Salary: $90K - $150K DOE
- Five weeks annual leave
- 1-week paid study leave
- Fully funded VSB, AVA and VIN memberships
- $1500 per annum Continuing Education grant
- Six weeks paid parental leave
- Leadership and business training and development to suit your professional development goals
- Opportunities for you to step into regional and national management roles as your career progresses
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance Program (counselling and wellbeing care)
- A supportive and caring team who are dedicated to providing exceptional patient care
- A dedicated senior leadership team who will support you in achieving your career goals
Type of Work: Clinical Director, Permanent, Full-time
Our client in Sydney are specialists in critical care, internal medicine, surgery, neurology, oncology, imaging, ophthalmology, and behaviour. Being a part of our clients team means working alongside some of the industries most experienced and knowledgeable specialists. The Hospital has up to date equipment, including a full in-house IDEXX lab, digital radiography, and ultrasonography. Their exceptional team of Vets, Specialists and Nurses are friendly, supportive and knowledgeable. They use Rx Works combined with Smart Flow software and provide exceptional emergency and critical care for their patients.
As the Clinical Director, you will work on the floor as an Emergency Veterinarian and represent clinical matters at the senior management level. You will play a significant role in setting the direction and tone of the clinic as our client focus's on the growth of their Emergency service. You will do this by contributing to planning activities, liaising with specialist teams and ensuring they are improving their patient care outcomes.
Within the Emergency department itself, you will apply your hard-won wisdom to mentor vets who will be at various stages of their career as well as taking a keen interest in their professional growth. A culture of constant improvement and professional excellence is what our client strives for, can you help them deliver it?
About Your New Role
- Supporting and mentoring Emergency Veterinarians
- Rostering of Emergency Veterinarians
- Assisting in the recruitment process
- Providing professional assessment of Emergency team performance and development
- Determining best patient care principles considerate of resources
- Developing and publishing processes and procedures in consultation with the relevant Vets, Specialists, Nurses and Senior Management to improve patient care outcomes
- Assisting in dealing with complaints from a clinical standpoint, both internal and external
- Liaising and visiting with referring Veterinary colleagues
- Assisting with costing and pricing of procedures
- Arranging training for staff and assisting in identifying CE opportunities
- Helping in assessing equipment requirements and suitability
- Partaking in on-call duties
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, pet owners and referring veterinarians
- A genuine enjoyment of helping people and their pets
- Motivated veterinarian with a minimum of 6+ years clinical experience
If you are interested in this role and require further information please
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position please see ALL JOBS. You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.