Salary: $75,000 – $110,000, DOE
- 1 week of paid study leave (includes CPD course fees for an approved course) & fees paid
- 4 weeks of annual leave per year
- Payment of NSW State registration and AVA Professional Association fees
Type of Work: Equine Veterinary Surgeon, Permanent, Full-Time.
Job Details: This practice is seeking an experienced Equine Vet to join their team. This hospital is fully equipped with an in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, shock wave, cold laser, nuclear scintigraphy and a range of portable equipment for use out in the field.
The surgical caseload is diverse and includes arthroscopy, laparoscopy, upper airway surgeries, laser surgery, fracture repair, soft tissue surgery and foal surgeries. Their reproductive service performs a range of procedures including embryo transfer, artificial insemination and stallion collections. The team includes ambulatory veterinarians with varied interests and specialists in reproduction, dentistry, lameness and sports medicine as well as two ACVS surgeons, an ACVIM medicine specialist, interns, nurses and administrative support staff.
- Undertake consultations for equine clients, including afterhours emergency calls.
- Foster and maintain excellent client relations, dealing with client enquiries willingly and in a timely manner both over the phone and face to face.
- Perform routine equine procedures, including but not limited to routine and non-routine consultations and surgery, equine dentistry, lameness examinations, stud work and be prepared to learn and assist with more complicated procedures.
- Perform routine workup of equine medical cases with logical progression and evidence-based medicine with consideration towards the economic value of animals if required.
- Provide advice within the scope of your knowledge and experience on issues such as nutrition, breeding, and general health.
- Prescribe and administer medications and anesthesia.
- Perform radiographic procedures.
- Perform pathological testing in accordance with infection control protocols.
- Perform surgical autopsy and euthanasia as required.
- Communicate diagnosis and treatment plans to clients.
- Perform on call duties as required.
- Registration with state Veterinary Board
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent degree
- A minimum of two years’ veterinary experience
- Current and valid Driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to focus on customer needs
- Ability to work as a team and independently with all members of staff
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to clearly communicate with staff and clients alike.
- Time management with regard to both punctuality and the ability to complete tasks within the required timeframe
- Maintain a high standard of presentation, taking pride in one’s personal appearance and the clinic itself.
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to a mixed animal practice
If you are interested in this role and require further information please:
APPLY NOW BELOW.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new temporary or permanent position please view ALL JOBS or contact us at [email protected]
TheVetService.com is a digitally based international job platform providing all your job needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Webinars - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.