This role is 100% EQUINE, based primarily in their ambulatory practice.
In addition to the normal work of a Veterinary Surgeon you will participate in an Out of Hours Rota – which will involve:
- Fourteen weekends per year of which: Approx. ten are full weekends (Sat and Sunday) and two are half weekends (Saturday with a second call duty on Sunday), two reserved weekends (which may not be required).
- You will be entitled to a day off in lieu of each weekend worked on ‘first call’ i.e., Sunday to be taken usually on the following Friday (except where special circumstances prevail). A further day off in lieu for each ‘second call’ weekend (may be added together to create whole days off) to be taken on a mutually agreed day.
- Night duties Mon – Thursday in the week following a duty first call weekend – finishing at 9 am and starting at 4.30 pm. You will not be required to work during the daytime hours of the practice whilst you are on ‘night duty’.
- It may be expected that one village show or similar event per year will be covered, in exchange for time off or the associated fee.
- Usually, 1 cover duty per week when not on night duty. (This will vary during holiday periods). Cover duties are from 5.00 pm – 7.30 pm
The Equine Clinic is composed of two GA operating theatres and two standing theatres, a large preparation area including 3 x DR digital X-ray processing, two examination/radiography rooms and four sets of stocks. There is stabling for up to 34 horses and all classes of the horse are cared for. They have a Hallmarq MRI system. Other equipment includes mobile X-Ray machines, multiple ultrasound machines, laser surgery, arthroscopy, laparoscope, shock wave machines, 3m digital gastroscope and two 1.4m fibreoptic endoscopes. They have an in-house laboratory covering an extensive range of tests, along with excellent RVN support.
The equine veterinary team consists of 21 full-time vets, of which are six residents and five interns. They have two European Diplomats in Equine Surgery. One European Diplomat in Equine Dentistry and one part-time European Diplomat in Equine Internal Medicine. There are five other RCVS certificate holders.
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.