Salary: Competitive, DOE
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVNA fees
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
Type of Work: Head Vet Nurse
Job Details: Our client in Derbyshire are looking for a Head Vet Nurse to join their team. You will be responsible for managing the nursing team and will also share responsibility for inpatient care and theatre work with other nursing staff. You will be expected to support the less experienced members of the practice in order to help them to build on their knowledge and skills.
All of their head nurses are provided with dedicated support from our head-office so the stress of managing your rota, dealing with recruitment, H&S, practice standards, marketing (and much more) is taken care of, and while there are still admin duties involved in your role this support will allow you to spend more time managing your team and doing what you love, nursing!
The ideal candidate will share their passion for delivering outstanding client and patient care and will enjoy working in a supportive and nurturing environment.
- Manage the performance of the practice on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure all members of the nursing staff are aware of their roles and job description, working to clear objectives set.
- Carry out regular performance reviews and update training requirements where necessary.
- Support Clinical Coaches with the planning of student tutorials and training where necessary.
- Rota management to always provide adequate cover of staff within the practice.
- Assess and examine and diagnose patients medical issues.
- Maintain patients medical records.
Skills and Experience:
- Registered with the RCVS.
- Commitment to animal welfare.
- Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures .
- Excellent organisational skills.
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.