Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 is on offer with a view to becoming part of the practice management team in the future
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday including Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy and sell holidays
- £1750 CPD Allowance per annum – more if a certificate holder
- HealthShield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS Membership paid
- Two other membership subscriptions
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted Veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities.
Type of Work: Large Animal Veterinary Surgeon
This Veterinary Clinic are searching for a warm, out-going, passionate, and inspiring Large Animal Veterinary Surgeon. They are based in the beautiful countryside of South Down, which gives you lots of options for enjoying time away from work. They are a close-knit team who all chip in together to ensure that they hit the highest standards and have fun while they do so.
As a mixed practice, it’s essential you understand the way of life of our pet owners and farmers. They will give you excellent backup and support along the way to achieve this.
Their team cohesion is strong and includes locals who know the area and its people. They are passionate about their community, and they all work together to ensure they provide not just a top service, but one catered specifically to our neighbours and clients.
The large animal role is as follows:
- Across the year it is largely cattle work – 70% suckler and 30% dairy
- Springtime (March-May): 50% sheep, 50% cattle (beef/cattle)
- After May, sheep work is very infrequent.
The role sees you work a 1 in 4 OOH rota on the weekends, with a small radius of cover. Monday to Friday you’ll work a 9am-6pm week.
An attractive salary in the range of £35,000 to £45,000 is on offer with a view to becoming part of the practice management team in the future.
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.