Salary: Competitive – rising with experience
- 6.6 weeks pro rata paid holiday including bank holidays
- Opportunity to buy/sell holidays
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- 5 days paid CPD leave with £1750 CPD allowance per annum pro rata, more if a certificate holder
- Healthshield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage.
- RCVS/VDS and BVA Membership paid
- Birthday leave
- Discounted Veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts including gym memberships
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Enhanced company sick pay
- Academy and Leadership courses
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay review
- Cycle to work scheme.
Type of Work: Mixed Animal Veterinary Surgeon
This veterinary practice are looking to increase their team with a Mixed Animal Veterinary Surgeon to add to the team of 3 Small Animal Vets, 5 Large Animal Vets, 3 Nurses and 2 Student Nurses.
The role will include both small and large animal work. There will be a flexible mix of clinical work with dairy, beef, and sheep herds covering all veterinary requirements for beef and dairy herds, and sheep flocks, including Reproduction – Fertility and Scanning, Health Plans, Disease Investigations and many more opportunities to develop your client base. There will also be responsibility for customer and pet care as they offer a high medical and surgical caseload, and challenging trauma cases. You will have a grounding in all aspects of general practice with the opportunity for career progression. They are highly equipped (digital x-ray, lab suite, advanced ultrasound) for all medical and surgical investigations.
Newry city sits in a valley, between the Mourne Mountains, Rings of Gullion and the Cooley mountains all of which are designated areas of outstanding natural beauty. It is also ideally located within an hour’s drive from both Dublin and Belfast. We also have exciting times ahead with a new practice opening on a part time basis in the beautiful seaside town of Warrenpoint.
- Start date – This new position is immediately available and suitable for candidates who are looking to work on a full time or part-time basis
- Experience level of candidate – you will ideally have two years plus experience looking towards or with a certificate, but equally new graduates are welcome
- We have an equally shared rota between the Vets and OOH– currently 1 in 6 or less nights on call and is negotiable
- Salary- competitive – rising with experience
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.