Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience.
Package: Fantastic range of benefits available
Type of Work: Mixed Vet Surgeon
Job Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join this team who are looking for a dedicated Mixed Practice Vet - Consults/Ops/Farm Visits (Ovine&Bovine)/TB Testing. 5 days per week Monday to Friday 9-5, with a 1 in 5 out of hour Rota including weekends.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide clients with a high standard of customer care and service
- Write up all cases in full, monitor hospitalised patients and communicate information to the nursing staff, check all pricing communicated back to the client
- Inform clients of test results and update on progress after treatment
- Positively communicate to all clients on progress, results, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment options and costs involved at all times
- Maintain membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Present a professional approach at all times, and ensure an effective consultation process for all patients
- Record all patient information, treatment, diagnostic reports and charges into the PMS
- Understand and comply with your legal obligations in relation to prescription safe keeping and supply of Veterinary medicinal products
- Maintain personal CPD as per RCVS guidelines
The practice is perfectly situated for nature lovers and city-goers alike; with outstanding beaches, coastline and country parks on your doorstep but within close reach of city-life. The team has been serving the local community for over 50 years and has gained a great reputation for care of pets, farm animals and clients alike. The close-knit team together enjoy their work and understand the importance of a good work life balance. The well-equipped surgery includes large and small animal ultrasound; large animal scanning; digital x-ray and an in- house laboratory.
They are a mixed, 5 Veterinary Surgeon practice with a 50:50 split between farm and small animal, and offer a 1 in 5 OOH rota. Certificates, further training & career progression are encouraged. They have 2 Full-Time RVN's, 2 SVN's plus 3 Student Placements. As a progressive practice, they are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to help to take them forward and maintain their high work standards and standing in the local community. They support local events and encourage a team approach.
If you are interested in this role and require further information please
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position please see ALL JOBS. You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.