Salary: Depending on experience
Type of Work: Poultry Vet Surgeon - Poultry experience is desirable but not essential as full training is available!
Job Details: Poultry Veterinary Surgeon required urgently for a busy practice situated just under 10miles North East of York. This practice will provide full training and has had extensive experience in training small/large vets in the poultry industry.
There is a handful of experienced poultry vets in the UK and once in the industry, you will get head hunted by pharma companies, research companies, genetic companies and poultry integrators creating endless opportunities.
The job holder will be responsible for working with commercial poultry, including broilers, layers, turkeys, ducks and gamebirds. He/she will also work with senior members of the poultry team to
continue to develop the business in an ethical and sustainable manner.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Conducting farm visits to investigate, diagnose, and provide treatment for clients’ flocks of birds.
2. Carry out examinations and diagnosis for clients on practice premises.
3. Carry out basic laboratory techniques during clinical examinations (microscopy, bacteriology)
and to identify other tests required to obtain a diagnosis.
4. Appropriately selecting and dispensing veterinary medicines and vaccines in line with current
regulations and in accordance with practice protocols.
5. Producing clinical and post mortem reports and report clinical results within the specified practice
6. Providing information to relevant authorities regarding public health threats as required by
7. Maintaining the practice profitability keeping into account costs and competition.
8. Liaising with customers (both small independent and big integrated), pharmaceutical companies
and other suppliers.
9. Promote the Practice at producers’ meetings and external conferences.
10.Collaborate with colleagues in internal projects (laboratory, IT – Digiflock-, marketing, field
11.Actively looking for opportunities to engage with clients and generate more work.
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.