Salary: Competitive, DOE
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVNA, etc) and Uniform
- Contributory pension scheme
Type of Work: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Job Details: Our client in Yorkshire are looking for a Vet Nurse to join their team. They can offer 30-40 hours per week. The practice is open Monday to Saturday and TOIL days in the week will be offered in return for Saturdays. They are fans of flexible working as well, so if full time isn’t right for you then please let them know and they can discuss. They can look at compressed hours, or school hours only for the right candidate. Sole Charge will be required on Saturdays (with a Vet and Receptionist). 2nd year SVNs who have completed their NPL are welcome to apply.
They are proud to be a training practice and want nurses to bring all of their skills to the role. You can influence practice protocols and develop your own areas of interest, and they are really enthusiastic about you gaining further qualifications.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Greet clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
The successful candidate will be qualified as an RVN (or soon to be qualified) and willing to be a clinical coach. They will share enthusiasm for clinics, surgical nursing and inpatient care, and have good rapport with clients. They are looking for someone diligent, with good attention to detail, who is naturally empathetic and loves being part of a team who work together to become more than the sum of their parts.
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.