Salary: Up to $130,000, DOE
- Wages above award and based on experience
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave
- 1 Week paid CPD
- 1 Weeks Charity Leave to pursue philanthropic interests
- Up to $2000 for study and short courses
Type of Work: Small Animal Vet Surgeon, Permanent, Full-Time
Job Details: Our client in Newcastle (NSW) is seeking an experienced Vet to join their team. This town is where the city meets the sea. Spectacular beaches and fantastic coastal scenery are 15 minutes away. With plenty of attractions on your doorstep, they’re only 2 hours North of Sydney, close to the Newcastle CBD and airport and an easy day trip to Hunter Valley. Amazing local cafes and restaurants, great parks and attractions for families, as well as amazing bush walks, bike trails, and entertainment, Newcastle truly has it all.
This is an upbeat, modern, well-equipped facility that offers full Veterinary Services to all small animals including avian and exotics. They pride themselves on the high standard of care provided to clients, patients and each other. They have the right mix of staff and skill sets to foster a nurturing environment whereby a new or recent graduate can flourish, and an experienced vet can build their skills and pursue your special interests.
They highly value their team and champion each other’s professional and personal goals with activities both inside and outside of work. They value fostering a positive and welcoming culture for staff and offer a free Employment Assistance Program (EAP), in addition to optional outside-of-work get-togethers.
Fully Equipped Clinic:
- Inhouse laboratory including pro-BNP, cortisol, fPl and cPl
- Digital Radiology
- Dental radiology
- iM3 high speed Dental Machine including rabbit and rodent dentistry equipment
- Fully equipped, spacious and well-lit surgical suit
- Separate Canine and Feline Hospital wards
- Separate Feline consultation room
Clinic opening hours:
- Monday- Friday 8:00am - 7.00pm
- Saturday 9am- 2pm
Work/life balance is important, and by maintaining that balance it allows you to be your best self at home and at work
- Regular days off
- 1 in 3 Saturday’s
- No after-hours or on-call work
The applicant they are looking for:
- A detail-oriented and thorough Veterinarian.
- A warm and friendly personality.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service and veterinary care to valuable patients and clients.
- Excellent communication skills to help build and maintain positive client relationships and outcomes.
- A desire to continue to develop their medical and surgical skills in a supportive environment.
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.