Salary: Competitive, DOE
- Support for your continuing education interests
- 4 weeks annual leave
- Paid volunteer leave, paid parental leave
Type of Work: Small Animal Associate Veterinarian, Permanent full-time
Job Details: Our client in Queensland are looking for a Small Animal Vet Surgeon to join their team. 100% companion animal (unless you’d prefer otherwise), predominately based at their main surgery. They are looking for a vet who enjoys the challenge of general practice; comfortable going from vaccinations, to working up of more complex cases, to routine surgery.
You will be part of a well-established team of 7 vets, with 3-4 vets rostered in clinic on any given day. Their team is a mix of experienced and graduate clinicians with varying interests. They pride themselves on working collaboratively, being approachable and they love discussing cases with each other.
It is supported by an experienced nursing team, including a nurse rostered for all on call shifts. Their nursing team work hard to make the day run as smoothly as possible and are hands on in assisting the vets with cases.
- 4 day work week (full time) with an extra day off following a rostered weekend
- Share their afterhours load with another clinic in town which enable us to provide an emergency service, the closest emergency centre is 2 hours south
- On call 1-2 nights/week
- Working 2 weekends in 6, with only one on call
This is a well-equipped clinic with all of the usual toys – digital radiology (diagnostic and dental), ultrasound, a full in house laboratory suite (including Idexx Procyte, Catalyst, iStat, Sedivue, Imagyst and coags), monitoring equipment & TonoVet
What can you offer:
- Experienced small animal general practitioner.
- Willingness to work as part of a team, with an enthusiasm for offering excellent patient care and client experiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively and openness to share your knowledge. They pride themselves on supporting their graduate veterinarians and you would be expected to be approachable and encouraging as they embark on their veterinary journey.
- If you are a new or recent graduate that would like to benefit from their supportive team, please feel welcome to apply. They are always looking to develop our team from the ground up.
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.