Salary: £30,000 - £50,000+ DOE
Package: Fantastic package available -
• A highly motivated, stable and supportive team environment
• Enhanced holiday entitlement and increasing holiday based on length of service
• CPD paid days and allowance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• BVA Membership paid
• Sponsorship for overseas employees
• Relocation packages, up to £10,000
Type of Work: Small Animal Vet Surgeon
Job Details: Our client is looking for a Vet Surgeon to join their busy team on a full or part time basis. Working on various caseloads from Orthopaedics, soft tissue, dental, consults, endoscopy, laparoscopy, radiology to general surgery.
- Working up to 40 hours per week – (flexibility on this)
- Across 3/4/5 days per week
- 1:4 Saturdays morning clinics (8:30am-1:00pm) followed by inpatient cover only - working alongside a nurse and CD back up if required when on call
- As of Late summer 2022, there will be no OOH at this practice as it will switch over to Vets Now. However, in the meantime there is the following on call rota.
- 1 shift per week from 5:30pm-8:30am on call with phone only and to cover inpatient care, with an option of staying on site when on call as accommodation is available.
The practice is a beautifully lit purpose designed spacious building located between the cultural and historical cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh. They have a great team of 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 3 Animal Care Assistants, 3 receptionists and a Practice Manager.
They are a training practice where their Registered Veterinary nurses are fully utilised with Animal Care Assistant support. They are well equipped with Digital X-ray, the latest laboratory equipment and Sevoflurane & Humphrey ADE anaesthesia.
Previous experience working in a similar role is desirable, confident in sole charge and experience in a similar environment, further certification is encouraged and supported. Applicants of any level of experience are welcome to apply as tailored support can be provided if required.
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.