Salary: $150,000, DOE +
Package: Fantastic package available -
• Melbourne is a thriving vibrant city offering all the benefits of a cosmopolitan culture capital, with the countryside, coast and mountains all within easy access. It is the ‘cultural capital’ of Australia, with a vibrant local café and bar scene, with extensive live music, art exhibitions and theatres calendar
• Migration support is available and financial support for relocation is on offer for international Vets
• Exceptional continuing education and support in ongoing professional development
• Paid Parental Leave scheme for all new parents
• Excellent work- life balance
• Collaborating with a national network of like-minded dedicated specialists, interns, vets, nurses and support team members
• Employee discounts and social events
Type of Work: Small Animal Critical Care Vet
Job Details: Our client is looking for a critical care veterinary surgeon to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. They are a large multi-disciplinary referral hospital and 24/7 Emergency Centre, which has moved in the last couple of years to a purpose built, state of the art veterinary hospital. They pride themselves on being a patient focused practice and delivering treatment that has the patient’s best interest in mind. They also believe in a team approach to patient care, recognising that optimum patient care may require the involvement of more than one specialist.
About Your New Role
VRH is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Specialist to join their wonderful Emergency and Critical Care team, to make the most of the brand-new facilities, and provide the best care to their patients and their families. You will be working with an established team close-knit team of ECC Clinicians and Nurses, 2 Surgeons, 3 Medicine clinicians, 3 Neurologists, a Radiologist, 2 specialist anaesthetists and a Specialist Oncologist. They have state of the art Imaging facilities include fluoroscopy, 16 slice CT and a 1.5T MRI, and dedicated experienced radiographers.
The ideal applicant will be motivated, committed to patient care, and share a vision for a collaborative working environment, where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive personal gold standard service. This position requires interaction with a large team of specialists, veterinarians and nurses. Good communications skills and an ability to work as a team are essential. A strong commitment to continued professional development is also desirable.
• Be eligible to register as a veterinarian in Victoria and be qualified as a specialist in Emergency and Critical Care, Fellow (ANZCVS) or Diplomate (ACVECC, ECVECC).
• If you have finished an approved residency training program in emergency and critical care and are eligible to sit a certification, they would be interested in hearing from you
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and The Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.