Salary: £40,000 - £65.000, Depending on Experience
Package (Subject to pro rata):
- £1,500 CPD Allowance with 3 Days CPD Leave
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Accommodation Allowance
- Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance
Type of Work: Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Job Details: This is a clinical leadership position within a Small Animal Practice and is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to take ownership to make a practice their own.
General duties & expectations include: providing direction and leadership to colleagues in practice, to be responsible for the financial and operational performance of your practice and overall team performance/engagement, ensuring the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care standards in your practice, encouraging a progressive clinical culture, following and implementing policies and procedures while ensuring they are adhered to by your team and work with your Area Manager and practice colleagues to deliver exceptional care whilst driving your practice forward.
This is a full-time position, working 4 days per week plus 1 in 6 full weekends.
- Drive and deliver the exceptional clinical standards in your practice and empower your team to do the same.
- Drive and deliver the commercial performance of the practice against established targets, ensuring your practice colleagues are all aware of what is required and you are supporting all to achieve.
- Be positive, receptive, and adaptable to the change process, whilst helping guide others to take a similar approach.
- Proactively support a culture of putting pets, clients and colleagues first, and always going the extra mile.
- Ensure and monitor clinical standards within your clinic.
- Manage the consistent delivery of exceptional care in all aspects of the client journey and instil a culture of customer service throughout your practice.
- Manage and attend regular practice / team meetings with Head Nurse support.
- Assess staffing levels within your branch and work with your Regional Team for future growth as needed and plan accordingly.
- Co-ordinate compliance with standards in respect of all legislative requirements across your practice (including but not limited to RCVS, SHE, DSE, Fire, COSHH, Manual Handling).
- Encourage a progressive clinical knowledge sharing community culture, in which individuals are able to learn from their colleagues, pioneer new ways of working and strive to raise standards of clinical care.
Skills and Requirements: The ideal person will need to be a veterinary surgeon, registered with the RCVS with at least three to five years experience, ideally in small animal practice. Sharing in our clients values of being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will need all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Our client can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations they will offer relocation and quarantine support entering the UK.
If you are interested in this role and require further information please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.