Salary: Up to £28,000 Depending on Experience
Package (Subject to pro rata):
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- £600 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD paid leave
- Opportunities for fully funded certificates
- Five fully paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Birthday day off
- Up to four days PETernity leave, for when a new furry member joins your family
Type of Work: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Job Details: Our client are experiencing an exciting period of development and therefore have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced and proactive Registered Veterinary Nurse to joint their friendly team. The role would suit someone that has experience in a Small Animal Practice, is RCVS registered, and has a passion to deliver great clinical quality and a fantastic client service.
This consulting nurse role give the responsibility of running your own nurse consults and utilising your skills to deal with a range of clients and appointments. This may include vaccinations, wound management, health checks, working and flea control, micro-chipping, post-operative checks, nail clipping, neutering advice and life stage health checks. Consult Nurses will also have the opportunity to support Veterinary Surgeons with operations and new cases.
This is a busy practice with a varied caseload. The practice have a dedicated consult room, and they are looking for someone who will make this role their own and bring new ideas to the practice. They encourage all members of their team to voice new ideas.
Our Client currently have 2 Vets, 4 RVNs, 1 SVN, and 5 Client Care co-ordinators. They are a close-knit, friendly team who enjoy spending time together outside of work also. They often take part in charity walks and team building as well as activities such as Easter Egg Hunts, and pumpkin carving during their monthly wellbeing afternoons.
Work/Life balance is at the top of our clients agenda!
Skills and Requirements: This is a new role, introduced due to continued growth and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
• RCVS registered
• Competent and confident with Schedule 3 under vet direction
• Great communication skills
• The organisation skills and proactive nature to drive, lead and coordinate nurse clinics
• Demonstratable experience with nurse consults, and therefore confident with all aspects of general consultations
• Experience of designing and implementing Nurse Clinics in a previous practice will be advantageous but not essential
• Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of nurse consultations, to the pets under our care
• Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong practice principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
• Responsibility; for learning and teaching, with the confidence and desire to bring the team together, with the HVN, to regularly upskill and develop
• Growth; to expand and progress the current nursing services provided by the clinic
If you are interested in this role and require further information please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.