Salary: Negotiable DOE
Type of Work: Registered Veterinary Nurse
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- CPD allowance and support
- Paid RCVS membership
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Our client are looking for a skilled and confident registered veterinary nurse (or final year SVN) to join the team at their busy first opinion practice in Surrey. This is a full or part time role averaging 30-40 hours a week, which includes weekend working on a shared rota basis (1 in 4), and no out of hours. There are varying shifts between 8am and 8pm on weekdays. By joining their surgery, you will be part of a team dedicated to providing excellent standards of client and animal care. The ideal candidate will need to be adaptable, flexible and willing to work at all levels. A strong level of general nursing is required and above all else, you will be passionate and dedicated to providing an outstanding service for clients and their pets. You will be joining a large clinical team of 5 vet surgeons, 7 veterinary nurses one student veterinary nurse and 1 veterinary care assistant who work closely together to provide a supportive environment for patients, clients and colleagues alike.
You will be registered with the RCVS and competent in all general nursing with responsibilities including:
- Working closely with the clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver the best levels of patient and customer care, taking full ownership of tasks and responsibilities, including nurse consults
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using Rx Works
- Greeting clients and their pets for appointments, being sensitive to their requirements and promoting a professional image at all times
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Assist the Veterinary Surgeon during surgical procedures
- Prepare, identify and record results from radiography equipment
- Preparation and administration of drugs, anaesthetics
- Taking and processing blood samples
- In patient care and monitoring
- Maintaining excellent cleaning standards
- Supporting the reception team
You will have a good experience of veterinary nursing, excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have a systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role effectively with planning and organisation. You are friendly, down-to-earth, have a genuine interest in animal welfare and enjoy the variety provided by the clients and colleagues alike. No two days are the same here, and you should enjoy plenty of variety within your role.
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.