Salary: Salary to match experience
Package: They offer a competitive salary, CPD allowance, and company discounts. They fully fund RCVS and VDS fees, provide uniform and you will be automatically enrolled on pension plan.
- 40 hours standard working week
- A generous pension scheme with associated life assurance
- Support for professional development after qualifying period
- Access to their employee assistance programme
Type of Work: Registered Veterinary Nurse
Our client are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse on a permanent basis to join their small animal practice in the heart of Worcestershire. They are a busy first opinion practice that provides high quality care with a dedicated client base. At the practice you will carry out a wide range of nursing duties predominantly with cats, dogs and small mammal species.
They are looking for an enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse who believes in the importance of teamwork as much as they do. You will join a team of 3 veterinary surgeons, 3 RVN's, 1 SVN and 5 receptionists. No overnights or out of hours.
They are looking for an experienced RVN with good post registration experience. Their nurses are friendly, down-to-earth people with a genuine interest in animal health and welfare. They are looking for someone who is confident, works well under pressure and is self-motivated to work independently but can contribute to their team.
The ideal candidate will enjoy the varied caseload provided by the clients and patients; no two days are every alike. You will have excellent customer service and communication skills, be an effective team player, have an organised and systematic approach when making decisions and be able to carry out the role efficiently.
What you'll be doing:
- Utilising your surgical and medical nursing skills caring for animals most in need.
- Administering treatments to animals in their busy surgery where they care for a wide range of species.
- Conducting treatments to include Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 Schedule 3 procedures e.g. injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing and first aid as directed.
- Taking X-rays and assisting with other diagnostic procedures.
- Nursing of in-patients; including some intensive care, pain scoring and ensuring appropriate enrichment regimes for longer stay patients.
- Triaging patients for the attention of the veterinary surgeon.
- Dispensing drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and surgery rules and maintaining up to date and accurate clinical records.
- A dedicated reception team are employed at the surgery but excellent customer service skills are required for both providing some reception cover as well as admission and discharge appointments etc.
- Undertaking professional and personal development associated with the role.
- Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or Degree in Veterinary Nursing
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Confident and competent decision making skills
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to make sound clinical decisions
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.