Salary: Circa £70,000/annum (pro-rata), dependent on experience.
- 40 hours over the week
- A mix of clinical and non-clinical work – to provide on ground support to their teams as well as management and strategic planning for the service.
- Being available for advice and urgent decision-making requests.
- Dealing with A&E/Hospital complaints and client feedback that has been escalated to management.
- Visiting local A&E user practices to promote and develop their services.
- A mixture of day and twilight shifts (exact ratio of each to vary) with ad hoc night shifts (can be discussed further at interview).
Type of Work: Senior Veterinary Surgeon
Fantastic opportunity for a role in leadership to grow and develop their A&E service and its team, at this Veterinary Hospital.
They are looking for a passionate individual and enthusiastic team player with management experience to lead and manage their A&E department based in their state-of the art veterinary hospital. The ideal candidate will be a conscientious, dedicated and caring veterinary surgeon (MRCVS), ideally with an Emergency & Critical Care (ECC) certificate. They will work together with the senior management team (SMT) using a collaborative approach to help, develop and support the department.
This role is ideally full time (4 or 5 working days per week) but flexible working options will be considered.
A&E and hospital services are provided to both internal clients and surrounding user practice clients. Jenny and James say, “The heart of our business is our fabulous team, the clients we serve and of course the pets we treat.”
A typical candidate should have:
- Significant experience in small animal veterinary practice (10+ years as a guide)
- An ECC certificate or be close to completing an ECC certificate.
- Proven leadership skills, preferably with experience of having managed a team
- Passion for supporting others and engaging in constructive communication
- Ability to mentor and coach others
- Desire to serve current client base and develop services further
- Confidence in decision making, able to consider the business as a whole
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills, preferably with experience in business operations and financial understanding (though training will be provided)
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland. 100% FREE FOR JOB SEEKERS
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.