Salary: £19,000 + depending on experience.
Package: Pension, RCVS and VDS fees paid, CPD allowance and encouragement for development, exclusive company discounts
Type of Work: Veterinary Nurse (Head Nurse opportunity available)
Job Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen in a busy first opinion practice in Edinburgh for a Registered Veterinary Nurse who is able to become an integral member of the team. This is a full time role, 40 hours per week, with 1 in 3 weekends. There is no OOHs or on call requirements.
You will be joining a practice owner and a great team of 16, including 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Veterinary Nurses and their 5 vets in this busy and diligent clinic. The team here sees a variety of cat and dog cases but also a good amount of small furries. They are looking for someone to come on board and really participate in the ongoing growth and development of the practice, with your input and ideas.
The clinic is really looking for someone who is flexible, open, practical, is a proactive individual who has the ability to use initiative, learn on the job to slot into their new working environment. You will need to be a dynamic and proactive nurse. The key to your success in this role will be your ability to learn on the job, integrate with the existing work patterns and protocols, pay attention as we do to the client journey and keep a high yet practical level of attention to detail. We value honesty and transparency throughout our work and our work ethic is based around results.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Work closely with the wilder clinical and non-clinical teams to deliver timely and effective customer care
- Work closely with the team to learn about the role and how you can best deliver the required results
- Work with the vets to ensure standards are upheld as well as removing work from the vet team
- Interact with clients with professionalism and with the right level of detail staying both practical and timely
- Follow procedures and protocols consistently and to the required standard
- Show clients care, compassion, stay proactive and aware of their client journey
- Continue to grow and develop in your clinical skills demonstrating this by regularly suggesting areas of improvement
Previous experience is preferred and Clinical Coaching experience is beneficial but not essential. New graduates will also be considered.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Client contact and consultations (admission, discharges, vaccinations and clinics)
- Keeping excellent appropriately detailed client notes / records
- Assisting the operating vet during surgeries, recovery and in patient care
- Stock ordering, stock control
- Insurance work – managing claims as well as pre authorisations and liaising with the clinical team on this
- Manage and deal with bookings professionally and efficiently using RX Works
- Comply with all policies and procedures within the surgery, including Health and Safety Regulations
- Calculate and administer medications and keeping accurate records
- Other practice administrative tasks
If you are interested in this role and require further information please contact:
Maurice Tannahill on [email protected]
APPLY NOW BELOW.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new temporary or permanent position please see ALL JOBS or contact us at [email protected].
TheVetService.com is a digitally based international job platform providing all your job needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Webinars - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.