Salary: $70000 - $120000+ pro rata (Depending on experience)
Package: Fantastic package available:
● A permanent full-time role with variety
● Five weeks annual leave, including one-week study leave
● Continuing Education programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
● Mental health first aid officers at each clinic
● Free and confidential counselling available 24/7 through LifeWorks
● Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience
Overseas candidates can get support with visas and relocation.
Type of Work: Small Animal Vet Surgeon
Job Details: With a couple of years of experience under your belt, you know what matters in your veterinarian career – a sense of teamwork, support and a chance to take your career to the next level. The clinic equipment includes in house bloods (CBC, biochemistry, EPOC blood gases, blood typing and clotting times), digital radiology and dental radiology, high quality ultrasound with cardiac ultrasound potential, cautery, multimonitors including ECG and blood pressure, doppler and petmap blood pressure monitoring. They pride themselves on providing the best possible support to ensuring a positive clinical experience and outcome for every client and their pet.
They are a large, fast-paced clinic with 4 consult rooms, a large treatment room with 2 surgeries, radiology room, separate cat ward, dog ward, isolation and treatment wards, radioactive iodine ward as well as ICU cages with oxygen capability in the treatment room. You will experience a wide variety of cases, with also a high volume of feline patients. They have a long-standing and established client base who are loyal to their vets and have built great trusting relationships over the years. The clinic is located next door to a large Petbarn retail store. The benefits of this are endless, allowing for a steady-stream of cross-referrals and providing a broader network of pet care professionals. They also have the added support of the Animal Emergency Centre, enabling them to provide around-the-clock service for their clients and easy transfer of cases.
What you’ll be doing each day
● Delivering personalised, professional and dedicated care to their patients and owners
● Handling and treating all animals
● Regular consults and routine vet surgery
● Using evidence-based diagnoses, therapies and recommended courses of treatment
● Providing follow-up care and education of their pet owners
● Confidently working as a sole practitioner in the clinic when required
What you’ll bring
● A flexible and adaptable approach, with a commitment to gold standards of care
● Passion for pets (naturally), with excellent animal handling skills
● Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in Australia
● Exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
● Interest in, and commitment to, working in a team environment
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.