Salary: $80,000 - 100,000+ DOE
- 4 weeks annual leave, 1 week conference leave and 2 days paid volunteer leave per year.
- AVA membership and pay for Vet Surgeons Board registration
- Genuine CE Support
- And more...
Type of Work: Small animal Vet Surgeon, Permanent, Full-time
- After hours – no you can’t avoid it. You will only need to do 1 night per week (until 10pm) and 1 weekend in 6 (Fri, Sat, Sun nights). Referring to an after-hours emergency centre after 10pm.
- 100% Companion Animals
- The role will encompass all aspects of small animal practice including consulting and surgery in a very busy clinic.
- 4 day week with 9.5 hour days
- This position is best suited to a veterinarian with experience and interest in surgery.
- You will also see plenty of emergency cases.
- There is plenty of experience within our clients large team and they will be able to support you when needed.
The practice has all the expected toys like Digital Radiography (diagnostic and dental); In house Lab including CBC, Biochem, Blood gases, Coagulation; they run 4 anaesthetic machines, sometimes all at once; our client also has endoscopy, ultrasound, oxygen cages, isolation ward and loads of surgery cages.
They are able to perform most procedures in-house. They refer very complex orthopaedics, difficult ophthalmology, PSS surgery, CT and MRI cases and not much else.
About the location:
- You will live and work in a beautiful region. Within an hour of beaches, National Parks, Noosa and the Sunshine Coast and 2 hours to Brisbane. Surrounded by picturesque countryside with trails for hikers, bikers or horse riders.
- If you are a fitness freak there are plenty of gyms and pools.
- If it’s food and entertainment you want, there’s the cinema, lots of great restaurants and cafes and a great array of regional farm gate producers on the Hinterland food trails. All your shopping needs are catered for too.
- Real Estate is affordable (for now!).
- There are 4 high schools and about a dozen primary schools to choose from.
- Your time wasted in the car commuting to work will be next to zero.
- Experienced small animal vet – ideally with surgery skills and interest; other special interests will be supported.
- Enthusiastic attitude, someone who sets the bar high and is committed to getting there.
- You take responsibility for your case load and are prepared to pitch in on a big day.
- You love your patients and have empathy and respect for the clients.
If you are interested in this role and require further information please
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position please see ALL JOBS. You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.