Salary: $70,000 - $110,000 DOE
- Remuneration and rewards are above industry standards.
- Remuneration for this position will depend upon experience, with a 40-hour working week.
- Rapid advancement can be expected, depending on experience and performance.
Type of Work: Small Animal Vet Surgeon, Permanent, Full-time
Job Details: This practice is centrally located in the inner western suburbs of Sydney, and is seeking another Vet (Full or Part Time) to join their team. The practice is a new purpose-built facility with multiple consult rooms and a recently expanded surgery, which has 3 operating theatres. State of the art equipment including brand-new Storz Endoscopic equipment (including a gastroscope, multiple rhinoscopes, TCI scope and looking to expand to arthroscopy in the near future), DR digital Radiography unit and Ultrasound machine, electro cautery unit, the latest Idexx Catalyst, ProCyte, Coagulation analyser and other Idexx in-house pathology equipment. A full range of orthopaedic equipment with TTA, TWO and TPLO procedures performed on a regular basis, Multiple IV infusion pumps. Two IM3 dental machines, anaesthetic monitoring with gas warming and more.
One of the partners has developed a special interest in orthopaedic surgery hence the extensive range of orthopaedic instruments and implements. Another partner recently completed her Masters in small animal abdominal ultrasound at Melbourne University, hence the brand-new ultrasound machine with multiple probes as she is diagnosing and interpreting complex findings. The clinic recently expanded their practice by moving the offices and staff facilities to the first floor. This allowed for one more surgical theatre and a laboratory to better accommodate a high volume of clients and patients. Next to their full veterinary services, they provide dog and cat boarding facilities, pet grooming by a professional grooming team and a very successful puppy school program. This Hospital are seeking a highly motivated veterinarian with ideally 2 years + experience, but new graduates are welcome to apply.
The suitable candidate will have:
- Veterinarian must have a bachelor degree or higher education
- must also have a NSW registration
- a positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- excellent communication & teamwork skills
- a high level of commitment to client service
- a desire to achieve excellence in patient care
- be technically competent in routine diagnostic issues
- a progressive attitude towards professional development
- must be competent in routine surgical procedures
- experience working with companion animals.
This hospital is committed to provide the best standard of care to patients and clients. It is essential for the successful applicant to display this level of commitment. They actively encourage further education and to further enhance the high standard of veterinary care, they are open to sponsoring towards memberships or to further develop special interests, as can already been demonstrated by the veterinary partners. This clinic can offer plenty of support from their experienced veterinarians and no vet is required to work sole charge. All of the veterinarians are encouraged to take on all cases presented, so a varied and interesting case load is offered. The practice currently employs 6 veterinarians and 12 qualified and experienced support staff. Remuneration and rewards are above industry standards. Remuneration for this position will depend upon experience, with a 40-hour working week. Rapid advancement can be expected, depending on experience and performance. If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, please get in touch today!
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
- Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
- Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
- Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
- Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.