Salary: $180,000 - $200,000+ DOE
- Build a career, and a home in New Zealand
- Work in purpose-built hospitals with world class facilities & equipment
- Collaborate with other specialists to provide the very best care together
- Be part of a fantastic team with dedicated support
- The clinic will provide you with one week of paid leave to attend a CPD event each year with the employer’s prior approval. These events may be local, online, New Zealand-wide, Australian, or other International.
- They will reimburse the costs of attending an international conference every three years and expect that another International event will be approved, at least, once every three years.
- They will also pay the cost of renewing your practising certificate, your specialist registration and NZVA memberships annually. With the employer’s approval, they will pay the annual subscription costs of a special interest group relevant to your area of specialisation.
- After twelve months’ continuous employment you are entitled to five weeks of annual holidays each year.
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours & patterns : 40 hours per week over a rostered four-day week, to be worked between 7.30am and 7pm, Monday to Friday.
Successful candidates will be able to take on cases independently but remain part of a group for support and discussion. Their specialists are supported by an expertly trained and highly experienced team of veterinary professionals and are expected to lead by example, sharing their knowledge and experience with others so they can grow together.
Key responsibilities and duties
To work as part of a multi-disciplinary referral team which offers specialist services such as 24-hour emergency and critical care, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, surgery, oncology and radiation oncology, ophthalmology, cardiology, behaviour, and physiotherapy.
Completion of a recognised specialist training program in small animal surgery
Diplomate status in ACVS or ECVS or Fellowship of ANZCVSc preferred but, candidates with residency training considered.
- Positive interaction with specialists in other clinical fields
- Ability to interact well with other specialists to contribute to overall patient care and treatment
- Work well in a team environment
- Contributes to the efficient running of the practice by providing the highest level of care for all patients. Provides positive and professional guidance, support and advice to nurses, interns and residents.
Our client has two established hospitals in Auckland with seven specialists in surgery, three in diagnostic imaging, three in internal medicine, one in anaesthesia plus they are supported by two busy emergency practices.
Our client has all of the expected surgical equipment including joint replacement, arthroscopy, intraoperative fluoroscopy and Ligasure as well as digital radiography, ultrasound, in-house CT and ready access to external MRI and PET CT.
Core values and culture
Our client are an experienced group, committed to providing the very best patient care with a strong culture of excellence, fun, dedicated support and collaboration. Everything they do is about delivering the highest quality care – together.
If you are interested in this role and require further information please
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position please see ALL JOBS. You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland,the Republic Of Ireland and many more.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.