Salary: Competitive salary, DOE
Package: Generous CE allowance, professional fees paid
Type of Work: Mixed Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Job Details: Do you feel like you need a change, with wide open spaces but still only 3.5 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours to the coast, and the Hunter Valley 2 hours away? Then this clinic may be the place for you! This friendly mixed practice offers great opportunities to maintain a fantastic work-life balance. The town also boasts a strong sporting (and social!) community. Tamworth is only a 45 minute drive away offering more world class sporting options, shopping, entertainment, concert venues and the arts. With good local schools, a range of housing and easy travel options, Quirindi has lots to offer.
- Ideally, they are looking for an experienced vet to help grow the practice, however we definitely welcome applications from motivated and confident new graduates.
- A capable, practical vet who wants to be an integral part of the team and local community. You should be able to work independently and remain focused in the face of the drama that mixed practice can occasionally deal us all!
- An excellent communicator, with a sense of humor, who loves to share their knowledge and experience with our team.
About the practice:
- This progressive practice is 65% small animal, 30% beef cattle including local feedlot work, and 5% horses, covering the Liverpool Plains area and up to Tamworth, Nundle and south to Murrurundi. They offer a high standard of care from their well-equipped hospital (Idexx in house lab, ultrasound, IM3 dental machine, DR, trained, experienced nurses), and have a mobile stocks trailer for horse repro/dental work, as well as fixed in clinic stocks.
- A ‘typical day’ might include herd health work (preg testing/bull testing) on the Plains in the morning, some small animal consults or surgery, and a horse stitch up, either at the clinic or on-farm. They truly offer a mixed component as you can see!
- The clinic has 5 vets with experience from 20+ years to new grads and share on-call in a 1:4 roster, with back up provided as required.
- They can offer a tailored pathway to help grow your skills as a clinician and develop your areas of interest.
If you are interested in this role and require further information please contact:
APPLY NOW BELOW.
TheVetService.com is a digitally based international job platform providing all your job needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland. Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away. Webinars - Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development. Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new locum or permanent position please contact us at [email protected]